While most people are aware of how often to take their car or truck in for oil changes, many are puzzled when it comes to the various other vehicle maintenance tasks that should be done and how often to do them. Here at ATL Total Car Care, we offer a wide variety of maintenance services to keep your vehicle performing as it should for maximum efficiency, performance, and longevity. Here’s a checklist that can help you determine what you should have done and when to do them.
- Check Frequently – There are things you should keep an eye on regularly, including watching for dashboard indicator lights, checking the engine oil level, refilling the windshield washer fluid, checking tire air pressure and adding when needed, checking the condition of the tires, and making sure all lights are operational.
- Quarterly Vehicle Maintenance – Several fluids should be checked, including power steering and transmission fluid. In addition, check hoses, the battery, cables, belts, exhaust, and the engine air filter.
- Bi-Annual Vehicle Maintenance – Replace worn wiper blades and perform chassis lubrication. Whether you’ve driven the requisite number of miles for an oil change or not, it should be done every six months as a rule of thumb.
- Annual Vehicle Maintenance – Winterize heading into the colder months by checking the coolant and using a suitable windshield washer fluid. Check the cabin air filter, wheel alignment, brakes, steering components, and suspension.
- Conditions Calling for Prompt Attention – In addition to the vehicle maintenance items noted, always stay diligent for changes in how your vehicle is performing. An increase in fuel consumption, handling difficulties, poor acceleration or braking, water leaks inside the vehicle, unusual sounds or odors, and anything else that isn’t the norm should be checked out.